Translate

Lifestyle sign up

Join our newsletter

Receive 100 FREE Lifestyle Blog post ideas

    Thursday, August 6, 2020

    organize your life: cleaning your room

    My room is something personal. When I go into my room I like to read, get a lot of work done, play music and veg out sometimes. I find that at times my studying gets so cluttered that I have papers and clothes all over the bed and on the chair that sits at the corner of the room. You know that one chair. It's the chair where you dump all of your laundry and knick knacks after a hard lived in week. 

    Anyway, when I clean my room I don't like to make it too much of a task because I know I can tackle it in pieces. I will breifly explain to you how I get organized and clean room to make it a little more  study friendly. 

    I like to start organizing my room in quadrants. I will first start by cleaning off the surface next to my bed or the bureau. Once I clean off one surface I will move to the next. Then I will wipe them down to get the dust off of them. Then I'll move over to the chair and decide what is lived in and throw things away that are of no longer use. I will find a home for those knick knacks as they are likely pens, notebooks or boxes that find their way to the chair when I'm taking notes. 

    Then I will move to the corner of my room where I keep all of my papers. Since I'm always reading and writing I will have to reorganize papers that I pull out for studying. Somehow that pile always because overly visible that I have to decide what papers are really important and what is worth throwing away. I will restack everything and out it nearly in its place then I will clean off the surface of my bed as I always have some extra clothes lying around. May it be a sweater or two that I use to keep me warm in the AC. Luckily I have a nice system for when the clutter gets too much that I just fold it up and put it it's in place before it gets too unruly. 

    Finally, my favorite part is sweeping my room. My parents taught me to always sweep my room last because if I end up dragging dust from another quadrant I just have to start all over again. Therefore I feel satisfaction from sweeping my room when it's all done because every last bit is cleanwd up. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Sign up now

    Join the newsletter

    Subscribe below and get freebies to your inbox.

      We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.

      How to start a blog

      So you want to start a blog. This page will help you get started with your blog. There are a few things you can do to help you do ...