Translate

Lifestyle sign up

Join our newsletter

Receive 100 FREE Lifestyle Blog post ideas

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020

    Blogger Vs. Wordpress

    by
    When I began to blog, I needed to decide what fit my needs. In this blog post, I will briefly talk about the pros and cons of blogger and WordPress and why I feel that blogger fits my needs now. No hard feelings, I just like the design of it. All in all both designs are nice but I like the interface that Blogger has. 

     To begin, I feel that I needed something to let me start out my journey on a budget-friendly stance. I am just coming out of college, I do not have that many funds to dedicate to a blog so anything that says free, sounds good to me for getting a blog up and running. So after looking at a few other websites, like WordPress, and Squarespace, I feel that blogger gives me the ability to do most of the things that I like to do on a free based budget. Not only did I need something free, but I needed something that let me use creative liberty with my blog. 

    Blogger is nice because it lets you choose the themes from its selection. WordPress has the same thing but I really like the variety that blogger gives to users when choosing. Have you seen the selection that Blogger has? The theme I am using is Awesome Inc. Artsy. However, there are lots of other really nice themes to chose from like Contempo's selection, Soho, and Dynamic Views. These themes all come with a variety of selections that you can choose from without having to know a lot of HTML. You can preview the wone that you like and apply it to your blog for free. I really like that I do not have to know a lot of technical things to install it. All it takes is a couple of clicks and now you have a customizable template. That's all it takes; no hassle. 

    Furthermore, since I only know basic HTML, I really do not want to see it. If I have to use HTML I can, it's not something that I want to banish forever. However, it is a tool that I like to use to enhance my blog. This is another aspect that I was looking for when I wanted to build my blog. I know that some aspects of building a blog take knowledge of HTML so I needed a program that let me do that with minimal hassle. I know WordPress has plugins. WordPress has plugins for EVERYTHING, but to me, this can get confusing so I want to stay away from it as much as possible if I can. Blogger's Layout settings let you embed HTML into the site and move it around in a widget wherever you want it to be. Its an elementary concept but it makes my blog look so nice. I really like this feature and I'm glad blogger lets me play around with my layout like this. 

    Here are some pros and Cons for using Blogger

    Pro: 
    • Its affordable for everyone 
    • everyone can be creative with it
    • It has an app -- you can take it with you on the phone
    • You can easily sign in with google
    • and comes with google AdSense for monetization purposes of the blog

    Cons:
    • There aren't many cons to it except that I can't find where to build sister links.
    Sister links are the cascading links that fall under a main link in the top section. So, I have conformed to using labels on the cloud to tag a topic to a certain category.

    Pros and cons of using WordPress

    Pros
    • It has two websites
    • one website can be connected to a host domain
    • its still affordable if you can afford it
    • everyone has creative liberty
    • it has an app
    • it has more plugins than blogger

    Cons: 
    • The plugins part can get a little complicated especially if you do not know how to use WordPress
    All in all, the final decision is up to you. I can never tell you which site to use for your website because that is something personal. I could help you get started on any platform but out of thankfulness for blogger's beautiful blog that it has created for me, I will talk about how to start a blog on blogger to begin with. It's quick and easy and this is my personal decision. I think I like the themes blogger has more than WordPress. Or maybe I'm biased. I think its fun. I hope you enjoyed this post and it helps you choose which blogging interface you would like for your own blog. If you have questions do not hesitate to leave a comment below. Also, like subscribe for more blogging content and newsletters at the top right-hand corner of this blog for future posts. 

    Sincerely, 
    Caro Rose

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Sign up now

    Join the newsletter

    Subscribe below and get freebies to your inbox.

      We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.

      How to start a blog

      So you want to start a blog. This page will help you get started with your blog. There are a few things you can do to help you do ...