Translate

Lifestyle sign up

Join our newsletter

Receive 100 FREE Lifestyle Blog post ideas

    Saturday, February 1, 2020

    Would I ever consider study abroad?

    For the past eight years, I traveled abroad on mission trips to Central America. During these experiences, I met new types of people in a different culture with the objective of sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ to native churches in Central America. A lot of these people are poor, with family units of three or four living in very small homes. They only make enough to pay the rent and buy the necessities for groceries. Children are encouraged to go to school as a way to escape poverty and become professional bankers, lawyers or engineers for example. However, a great part of the population doesn't like to read so many children drop out of high school at the age of 16 and unfortunately have to go to work and do very poor jobs to support a family. After seeing what life is like in these places, I realized my own need to study. I realized the value of education and why it is so important to slow down sometimes and think about the privilege of living in the United States. Beforehand, I never knew how well we have it even in America. We have a lot of amenities that other countries do not have and yet it is easy to forget how other countries would only dream about owning the latest smartphone, a car or even named brands. It is important to think about how other people go without eating for days sometimes as they study hard for their next meal. I wish we weren't so insulated.

    As I think about other places and how I can use my interests to help in the Kingdom of God, I want to do something that will allow me to write. Whether I become an English teacher, a history major, or a nail technician I have to write. I want to write about stories that are important to others. If I observe other people's past experiences as a journalist or history major and write a plot based on the failures and successes of each protagonist who can identify with a community of thinkers and dreamers than I would feel like I left an imprint in the world. I really do not want to stay in the same place at one time but I would want t career that lets me explore other places in the world while I learn about its past and its future. Therefore, I love the idea of exploring Washington D.C., New York, France; Italy, Belgium, and the Netherlands for example. All of these places are full of rich history and stories that I could take with me into a historical novel. I would be able to explore the culture of these places and write about important people who helped make a difference in the world; in the kingdom of God.

    Tell me more about your story. Leave your comments below if you have any suggestions about story ideas or places of interest that mean the most to you. What events helped change or inspire your outlook in life? Who were the people behind that inspiration?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Sign up now

    Join the newsletter

    Subscribe below and get freebies to your inbox.

      We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.

      How to start a blog

      So you want to start a blog. This page will help you get started with your blog. There are a few things you can do to help you do ...