Translate

Lifestyle sign up

Join our newsletter

Receive 100 FREE Lifestyle Blog post ideas

    Wednesday, August 5, 2020

    How to set up labels in Blogger

    In a previous post, I showed you how to set up pages in Blogger. If you haven't already, check out the Label, "how to set up a blog" where you will learn how to aesthetically make a blog on blogger. For this post, I'm going to touch on something important because I don't know if it is just me but blogger does not have sister links like WordPress does. That is the part of the blog where when you set up a page at the top cross column and you get cascading links to that main tab. 

    Well, blogger has something similar and that is labels. I have been making use of the labels in blogger for some time now and I just learned that you can set up something similar to sister links. I want to show you hot to get it up and started so you can do the same thing too. I like labels because Blogger sets it up like a cloud or lists. If you want something more general you can set up a general cloud to store all of your similar blog posts. The more blog posts that you write with that label then the bigger and bolder the font becomes with the number of posts labeled next to it. So the more posts you write with the label say, "How to start a blog" the more obvious it becomes in my label cloud on my blog. That way it becomes all the more easier for you to find all of my blog posts with the same labels. Of course you don't have to use a cloud, you can use the list version for multiple label groups (like I have it on my blog) if you so desire but it is a good alternative to the sister links that I was talking about before. 

    Now lets get started. 

    To add a label to your blog post all you need to do is add it to the existing blog post that you are making. To do that head over to the right side menu within your blog post. 

    1. Click add label. 

    2. Type the label you want and 

    3. Click the checkbox next to it to activate it. 

    Now go to Layout. 

    1. click add widget
    2. add Labels
    3. A box will come up for you to use the preferences that you want. 

    • You can show selected labels. Chose the icon for selected labels and click edit. From there you can choose the labels you want to show. 
    • You can show the labels in alphabetical order or by frequency. 
    • You can also have them show the number of posts next to each label.
    When you are done click save. 
    Adjust the widget wherever you want it to be. I keep mine in the sidebar because it looks fancy enough to stand on its own and neat enough to show off like sister links.

    And you're done!

    2 comments:

    1. I really like your How to start a Blog series...Really helpful..Thank you for sharing:)

      ReplyDelete

    Sign up now

    Join the newsletter

    Subscribe below and get freebies to your inbox.

      We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.

      How to start a blog

      So you want to start a blog. This page will help you get started with your blog. There are a few things you can do to help you do ...