Translate

Lifestyle sign up

Join our newsletter

Receive 100 FREE Lifestyle Blog post ideas

    Saturday, February 1, 2020

    Should I become a nurse?

    I am waiting to hear back from the admissions office. Will I be able to transfer to nursing school instead? I like the idea of becoming a nurse as a career change because nurses are caring individuals and are well paid in the industry. As I scroll through Instagram, I see various girls my age switch their careers over to nursing after graduating from another career. They document their experiences taking selfies in their smocks with other students. I think it is a fun alternative.

    If I ever do nursing, I would keep one lady in mind as I recall a story she told me about her granddaughter on a plane ride I took to New England. She told me all about her granddaughter who commits herself to study. She is just out of high school and says all she wants to do is focus herself on her studies and think about marrying guys later. She has no time for boys. I find that funny since most of my adolescent life I was very much in love and wanted to marry soon. Now that I am a little older I see that it is necessary to focus on studies before I let someone into my life.

    If admissions allow me to switch my major, I would be so excited to begin my journey as a nurse.  I think I would focus my studies on primary family care because it is in a more intimate setting. I feel that focusing my time in this area is a contrast from a fast-paced hospital life. As I read more about nursing on Google, I find that there is also a lot of possibilities available for nurses abroad. They can become travel nurses and find meals and accommodation as travel nurses at no expense to them. As a missionary, I think that would be a great bonus experience. I can see other places in the world and help other people heal in the process.

    What do you think? Please let me know in the comments about your experience in a career search? How many times have you changed your major? Were you more open to creativity or how did you pursue a new profession? I want to know more about your lifestyle in the comments.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Sign up now

    Join the newsletter

    Subscribe below and get freebies to your inbox.

      We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.

      How to start a blog

      So you want to start a blog. This page will help you get started with your blog. There are a few things you can do to help you do ...