Translate

Lifestyle sign up

Join our newsletter

Receive 100 FREE Lifestyle Blog post ideas

    Friday, January 31, 2020

    Why I want to be a nail tech


    Nails, nails, nails!

    In a previous post, I talked about my interest in journalism and history. I love these topics because they have taught me so much in college. I feel prepared to take on the world one article at a time. Journalism is important to me because as I think about the craft that goes behind creating articles, I appreciate why headlines are shortened and why columns are cut off between pages. I can understand why headlines are so concise across headlines in broadcast television news channels and why news anchors speak in short and quick sentences. *I always felt like they spoke like robots, hehe* However, I appreciate my education in the news because it has helped me become an overall better reader and a more thoughtful creative writer. I feel as if a key opened a new door within me that allows me to better enjoy literature and dialogues in a way that I would have never been able to do so before I learned about journalism.

    Now, I feel that it is time to make a change. I feel as if my creative bones are waking to paint new stories. I don't really want to lay down my education forever but I think I will pick up after a break. I will just briefly talk about another career option that I love so much and why I would use it to supplement my creative juices.

    As I think about being more creative, I would venture into a nail design. I love the idea of becoming a nail tech. I love the idea of being girly. I think I would love to learn about the process for nail design, playing with colors and building a stunning portfolio of glitters and gems that would please my clients. However, coming to think of the process in actual application is a scary concept because I might make a mess of my clients hands. Haha, I'm only joking but I only hope not. I can only dream of making something so pretty as the tutorials I see on youtube.

    Moreover, if I ever did nails I do not think I would completely walk away from my love of writing and history. I would probably pursue a degree online and keep a part-time job as a nail tech, English teacher or history teacher. This is on the drawing board and as I think about it and pray about it; I know I will be led in the right direction. I have other wonderful things in mind as well.

    What do you think? Is this fun? Should I commit to one subject or the other? Should I adopt both? What are your interests? Leave a comment below if you identify with my predicaments or you would care to leave some insight that I might have not caught onto. I'm thankful for your advice.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Sign up now

    Join the newsletter

    Subscribe below and get freebies to your inbox.

      We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.

      How to start a blog

      So you want to start a blog. This page will help you get started with your blog. There are a few things you can do to help you do ...