Translate

Lifestyle sign up

Join our newsletter

Receive 100 FREE Lifestyle Blog post ideas

    Tuesday, August 25, 2020

    My experience with PTSD, depression, anxiety and medicationr

    When the tragic news reached my family, I didn't know how to cope. I was in and out of rehab seeking help for my mental relapses as I searched for peace in the storm. The doctors at first prescribed me Haldol and Risperadal which left me feeling disoriented most days to say the least. Then I became sober for two years after graduating with my associates degree in mass communication in 2016. However I began to develop a anxiety about what others might think about me and stigmatize me because of the trauma in my family's life. I developed a type of social anxiety that would make me feel the need to avoid public speaking as much as possible. I became depressed  because I couldn't concentrate at school and my support system was so far away from me; communication was terrible. I felt these feelings were affecting my performance at in school, my relationships and my goals because I get so tired so easily. As a result, I felt disadvantaged and and isolated by life's circumstances. Therefore, I took a step of faith by seeking professional help for trauma and anxiety.. 

    Near the end of the program for my bachelor's degree in mass communication in 2029, I saught help and began speaking with a therapist assigned by the state of Florida, to tell them about my symptoms. They ended up scheduling teletherapy sessions with a professional and giving me Prozac and Risperadal for PTSD, depression and anxiety. 

    My therapist gave me a sheet of paper to read, which talks about negative self talk and how to turn that around into positive self talk. I have to review it often to think about what it says and work on changing my thought patterns. Next, I feel my symptoms diminished to an extent as I'm taking medication but I do not feel dependant on them. I'm sleeping better at night and in having sweeter dreams. 

    I realize I'm not the only one going through and recovering from traumatic events in life . I hope that my blog posts reach and inspire other young females to be brave and write their own stories with kife. And really I owe it all to my fait, which is the main reason why I'm still here. It is the reason that drives me to be a writer and it is the reason why I'm seeking help. In my family, we have history of depression and anxiety but we believe in God's love and power through Jesus Christ that we can triumph over all of that. I'm still a work in progress and I hope that one day I won't be dependent on medication and that I will receive closure about those traumatic life experiences while helping others overcome theirs one post at a time. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Sign up now

    Join the newsletter

    Subscribe below and get freebies to your inbox.

      We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.

      How to start a blog

      So you want to start a blog. This page will help you get started with your blog. There are a few things you can do to help you do ...