Translate

Lifestyle sign up

Join our newsletter

Receive 100 FREE Lifestyle Blog post ideas

    Friday, July 31, 2020

    6 ways to keep yourself busy during quarantine

    Spending time inside all day can definitely get boring. Even though we do not know for sure when we will leave our homes again it is a good idea to think about all of the ways we might have kept ourselves busy during quarantine. I am writing this blog post to document some of the ways I kept myself busy for future reference. If I ever have kids then I can tell them this is what I did while I stayed inside all day during the Corona Virus Pandemic. Here are six ways to keep yourself busy during quarantine: 

    1. Learn an instrument. 


    Now is a good time to take out that guitar or keyboard from the closet and start practicing again. After having so much extra time it would be a good idea to find tabs online and learn how to play some of your favorite songs. Some of my favorite songs are from Ed Sheraan's perfect. Can't help Falling in love, and Ridin from 21 Pilots. These are just a few songs that I have picked up learning to play the guitar and I'm sure you can think about a lot of other songs out there that you would like to find in tabs too. 

    2. Learn a language 


    After reading up on a lot of different languages in the world -- there are approximately 2000 languages. I feel it would be a good time to learn languages. With the help of Facebook groups and skype we can practice our favorite foreign languages together. Some of my favorite languages that I have started to learn are French, Dutch, Italian, and Russian. Of course, these are just a few but with all the free resources out there like Duolingo, Pimsleur, and Pronunciator from the public library it will be easy to pick up a new language in no time. 

    3. Do arts and crafts


    This is a fun activity because there are a lot of DIY tutorials online that teach you how to do your favorite arts and crafts. You can search Pinterest or Youtube to find lots of ideas for how to fix a bookshelf, or how to organize your nail polish bottles. Even how to knit a scar if you want to. I remember that I have a basket of yarn and crotcheting needles in the back of my closet and I thought it would be a good idea to pick up crocheting again. If I ever do I will document it and share my experiences in a blog. I like the idea of making a hat, a scarf, or even a top for the summer. 

    4. Clean the house

    With all the extra time on our hands, we can keep up with house cleaning and the laundry. I know I have cleaned my room several times and done laundry a lot. I like to keep my sheets clean so taking my laundry to the laundry mat is a fun experience for me, without a doubt. Also, Pinterest can help out with finding new ways of keeping the house clean. If you're ever stumped for ways about how to clean the house, just check out Pinterest and they will surely give you lists of ideas for how to keep your house nice and tidy.

    5. Join Tik Tok

    Tik Tok has become a fun place for people to express themselves. A lot of people have flocked to TikTok to document their best dance movies, their pandemic woes, and language skills. I like TikTok mostly for the creativity it gives its users. When I go online I like to watch art tutorials of people just making paintings. I find inspirations from those paintings to make my own. Maybe one day, I will find the right time to make my own art and put it on TikTok and youtube too. But for now I really just enjoy watching what other people are doing. What do you like most about TikTok?


    6. Make a blog

    Last but not least, If you are a writer and have fun stories to tell that will help an audience fix their problems, I suggest starting your own blog. I have done my research and learned about a lot of different blog ideas one can use to start their own blog. I am in the journey of starting my own now during the quarantine and have created a list of ideas that will hopefully help other people in their life journey. In the end, I like the idea of writing a blog because of the creative outlet it provides me. I can decorate it the way I want and talk about a niche of topics that I know interest me and will interest others. If you like the idea of learning how to start your own blog, you can subscribe to mine at the top right corner for new blog posts and newsletters about beginning.

    So now when we look back about how life forced us all into our homes for a span of what seems like six months already, it will be a fun story to tell our future kids about all of the things we used to do to keep ourselves busy. At least, these are some of the things I did. Hopefully, I can perfect my guitar playing skills for future family gatherings. If we ever get out of this alive at least. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Sign up now

    Join the newsletter

    Subscribe below and get freebies to your inbox.

      We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.

      How to start a blog

      So you want to start a blog. This page will help you get started with your blog. There are a few things you can do to help you do ...