Translate

Lifestyle sign up

Join our newsletter

Receive 100 FREE Lifestyle Blog post ideas

    Wednesday, January 27, 2021

    Why I love photography

    Photography is a form of art where you paint a picture with a snapshot. If you ever heard the famous cliche, "pictures are worth a thousand words." It's true. You can tell so much with a single picture. I enjoy photogprahy because it's therapeutic, it's a form of self expression and because of all the good you can do with it. 

    In a way, photography is my therapy. I have PTSD, I suffer from mild depression and anxiety. Taking photos is a great way to help me get my mind off of life's difficulties and concentrate on art, which relaxes my mind. I'm so thankful to be able to take photos and express myself creatively. 

    Speaking of self expression, I like to use photography to express my creativity. There are countless stories you can tell with your camera and if you find the right shot, it's really meaningful because it's unique. You made something all your own. Some of my favorite art forms is nature photography and editorial peices. I love nature photography because nature is always changing and it always has beautiful scenes to offer. I love editorial photography because of the stories you can tell in one photo. For example, Henri Cartier-Bresson was a documentary photographer who was famous for taking candid pictures of his subjects. He was famous for taking pictures at the decisive moment. There's something natural about capturing photos in the moment. They're effortless and can tell a story with so many emotions. Editorial photography is also a great way to tell a story about an important cause. 
    Editorial shots also tell stories for people who don't have a voice to tell them. I think it's a great idea to use photogprahy for the benefit of the community by doing volunteer work to help those people. For example, there are charities that help children get their education, who feed the hungry, and provide medical services for people who can't afford it. Sometimes these charities need someone to help them tell those stories and photography is a great way of doing so. I believe that volunteer photography is a great way of giving back to the community. I've been searching for different organizationd to volunteer for and have found countless of charities on InterAction-- a website that lists many charities for the public to search for. I hope to volunteer to some of these charities as s way to give back to the community and help others in need with my art. 

    So, I really enjoy photography as an art. There is so many inspirations for photography as an art online and I look to other photographers to see what they're doing to be a better artist myself. This art is also a therapy for me as I pick up my camera each time to tell a story. It's a great way of expressing myself and I'm inspired by the good work that i can do eoth it. 



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Sign up now

    Join the newsletter

    Subscribe below and get freebies to your inbox.

      We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.

      How to start a blog

      So you want to start a blog. This page will help you get started with your blog. There are a few things you can do to help you do ...