Translate

Lifestyle sign up

Join our newsletter

Receive 100 FREE Lifestyle Blog post ideas

    Monday, February 17, 2020

    I was accepted to my college of choice !

    Today I have good news. I was accepted to my college of choice. I spent some time thinking about the colleges that I want to go to considering different requirements. I wanted to consider benefits that help students in their home state and how that would help me get a good degree at an affordable price close to home. The college I chose is a research college and well known as a non profit organization. It helps Florida State students get ahold of a lot of the financial aid and scholarship benefits that will help students accomplish a degree in a budget. I applied to the University of Florida and University of Central Florida. Today I received my acceptance to UF and felt so excited that I was approved for my program of choice: A history major! I give thanks to God because a lot of my education and experience in journalism and extracurricular activities helped make me noticable to the college.

    However, I feel a change of plans for my future. After speaking with the advising team at UF, they said that they will hold my application to History in the event that I will reapply in the future. However, I have a good reason for this decision. Under the current circumstances in my personal life.

    In a previous post, I wrote about how I feel about going into the military; however, I feel it is important for me to confront my fears. That's why I feel that pursing the military will be a more beneficial option for me. The truth is my mother is missing for a few years now. Two out of those five years I suffered a mental collapse after hearing the bad news. In the third year, in an attempt to distract myself from that bad news, I pursued my B.A. degree online. As a result of the missing two years, my therapist says I suffered from trauma and that is why I could not remember a lot of events after the bad news about my mom. 

    Now, I'm 26 and facing the realities of life. I grew up in a sheltered environment but now I am doing my best to move past all the sadness I feel from Mom's missing; the responsibilities I have from college and keeping up with social encounters. These social encounters are hard to keep up because a lot of people do not understand how I feel when I quite my emotions within myself. I never cry infront if them and they feel left out and isolated when I hold things from them.  Therefore, I feel it is necessary to take a big step and be brave for mom and my future. I know my family will feel better that I am in a safer place than college can provide. 

    Come to think of it, college is full of nerds who are harmless to society; however, these college students are so lively; they all want to have fun, party and play as they get their lives together. I think I will feel left out and that my emotions are no plce to discourage these fun loving youths. Honestly, I am not the most social and waiting on the investigators takes its toll on me emotionally. Yea, sure not everyone will understand why I am saying I need my mom but I feel list without her. On top of that my bother just moved out and I need a safe place to stay. I feel better going out on my own for the first time by being a brave soldier.  

    Therefore, I feel better by going into the military by having a safe place to go that will let me prepare myself. Plus, I feel that I won't feel so alone in a place where others won't feel so disgusted by the fact that my mom is still missing. It's hard enough to explain to people who don't know me that the police still haven't found her. This is emotionally draining. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Sign up now

    Join the newsletter

    Subscribe below and get freebies to your inbox.

      We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.

      How to start a blog

      So you want to start a blog. This page will help you get started with your blog. There are a few things you can do to help you do ...