Translate

Lifestyle sign up

Join our newsletter

Receive 100 FREE Lifestyle Blog post ideas

    Tuesday, January 12, 2021

    Why I love fine art

    Art has always been a part of my life. From the moment I was old enough to hold a pencil I began writing. I had my first art kit when i was five and i illustrated my first art book in first grade. Art has always been an escape where life and academics demanded my attention. I love fine arts because it has always been with me, it relaxes me, and it makes me happy.

    When my parents divorced, i turned to the fine arts to express myself. My aunt gave me my first easle with oil paints when i was a preteen and i filled canvases with portraits that expressed my angst. I used vibrant unnatural colors to call attention and distorted proportions to illustrate my feelings. 

    As i moved into high school, i took art class for all four years. I recall art projects where we made funky self portraits, paper mâché masks, comic strips and photoshop animations. I have all those projects tucked away somewhere, to show you. Here are some images of some of my works in highschool. Art class was so much fun.



    In college, I realized my love for writing but so many other problems in life whipping at my mind refused to let me concentrate on text for too long. I find it really hard to read amd concentrate because of my PTSD, so at the commencement of the pandemic 2020 i painted some canvases with landscapes of places i liked the most. This helped to relax me as I got through the rest of college as i finished all of my writing assignments. You can see some of my paintings here

    Not only does art relax my mind, but it makes me happy. When I create, I feel like a better person for contributing something of my own into the world. I put my all into my art because I want it to be special, meaningful and authentic.

    Some of my favorite art eras are the impressionist movement, art deco and neoclassical. I prefer the latter more so just for admiring it. The former two are realistic emotions i can capture and make my own on a canvas, haha.

    Thanks for reading. Do you love art? If so leave me a comment or feel free to message me on Facebook, here.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Sign up now

    Join the newsletter

    Subscribe below and get freebies to your inbox.

      We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.

      How to start a blog

      So you want to start a blog. This page will help you get started with your blog. There are a few things you can do to help you do ...